Saturday, April 20, 2013

Back Yard Garden Completed!

Well, my back yard garden is finally done!  I put in the last of the plants and mulched it today.  Have to cover the plants tonight, though, as it's supposed to get down for 40 degrees.  Here are some pics:







In the back row are three lupines (tutti frutti mix), then a row of herbs, then dianthus, and then seedlings and more herbs in the front.  Here are some of the plants I planted:

HERBS:
True Oregano - Origanum vulgare
Pineapple Sage Salvia elegans
Thyme 'Lime Green' - Thymus x citriodorus
French Thyme Thymus vulgaris
Thyme 'Silver Edge Lemon' - Thymus vulgaris 'Argentius citriodorus'
Winter Savory - "Dwarf Winter" - Satureja montana 'Nana' 'Dwarf Winter'
Hardy Sweet Marjoram - Origanum majoricum
Grey Common Garden Sage - Salvia officinalis Gray

I also planted three climatis in pots with trellises:




In my deck garden, in a pot, I planted the following herbs:

Lemon verbena - Aloysia triphylla
French sorrel - Rumex acetosa
Lovage - Levisticum officinale

Also, to my great delight, I found two new scented geraniums (pelargoniums): Apricot and French Vanilla.  I'm hoping to use these in addition to the ones I already have, to make scented sugars for baking.  YAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment