Friday, September 23, 2011

June Project: Making Boxes!

This summer my sister-in-law introduced me to the wonderful world of decoupage.  Since then, I've discovered a relatively cheap hobby in decorating small boxes with paper!  My sister-in-law uses magazine clippings, which work very well, but I also discovered that hand-made paper from Art Things and the Paper Source in Annapolis work just as well.  When using hand-made paper, I don't use mod podge, but rather a cellulose-based glue that can also be purchased from Art Things.  Below are photos of some of the boxes I've made.  If you have any questions about how to make them, or if you'd like to purchase one, please let me know!  Some of the boxes are currently for sale at Spice in West River, MD. 

If you are interested in decorating your own boxes, Michaels craft store in Annapolis carries small cardboard boxes starting at $1, and both the Annapolis and Bowie store carry wooden boxes which start at $2.  I myself prefer the Annapolis store as I find they have a larger selection of products in general (it is a larger store).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment