Tuesday, September 20, 2011

September Project: Tea Time!




This month's project was inspired by a cool set-up I saw at Every Second Counts, one of the consignment shops I mentioned in my "Consignment Shops" post. The shop had a shelf with mugs hanging off of it over a small table. It was a "tea/coffee" station. My husband and I are tea lovers, so as soon as I saw this, I set about finding my own shelf to complete my tea station. After several misses, I found one for $12 at Days of Olde Antiques. With my dad's help, I installed brackets on the back and used hollow-wall anchors to hang the shelf. Here's the result:


The only things it's missing are the mugs. At present, none of the mugs I own are quite right for this space, so that will be this weekend's shopping trip! Wish me luck!

Also, I found both the table and the three-drawer container that sits on the table from, guess where, consignment shops! I don't remember how much I paid for either one, but I guarantee it was way less than retail! Yay for second-hand stores! :)

The top and bottom pieces of pottery (black with dots) were both hand painted by me at Xpress It in Crofton, MD. But that's another post!

Also, I'm thinking of painting the table white with a varnished (pine color) top. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment