Tuesday, September 27, 2011

This Weekend's Purchases

So I didn't find any mugs that I felt would "go" with my tea table/shelf set-up, but I did find some other fun stuff!!

My first find, for $2 each, was these ceramic do-hickeys that you put in an indoor pot to keep it watered (I am SO negligent of my indoor plants!).  Scroll down for pictures of these guys in pots.



Next, I found this cute picture which I'm hoping to hang up in my kitchen.  I believe it was $8.00 at Second Wind.


My last find at second wind Cottage Chicks were these cute miniature sign boards.  I'm planning to incorporate them into my summer display on my foyer shelf next summer.  (remember, shopping off season means saving lots of $$!)


I apologize for the glare on the last picture; it was late at night and I was tired and just wanted to get everything put away.  But you can still get the idea of what they look like.  It's hard to see, but they have wires at the top with which to hang them.   

Below are the pictures of the ceramic watering thingies in pots:

 Can you tell from the above picture how bad I am about watering my plants?  Poor aloe...
 The ivy looks great because it's been outside all summer and God's been watering it for me.
Thanks, God!
 This aloe plant has fared slightly better.  I don't even really like the look of aloe plants, but there is nothing like them when you burn yourself!  When I hurry in the kitchen, sometimes I'll burn my hand or finger.  When this happens, I fashion an aloe poultice by cutting off one of the leaves, and then slicing it open length-wise and wrapping it around the burn.  I then wrap a band-aid around this, changing it whenever all the gooey aloe stuff inside has disappeared (or when the bandage no longer stays on my finger).  Nothing heals burns more quickly than aloe straight from the plant!

No comments:

Post a Comment