Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Make Your Own Fall Wreath!

... to THIS in 10 minutes!
Go from this...
















During my weekend shopping spree, I came across a plain grapevine wreath for the low, low price of $2.00!

Ever since I've lived in this house (my first house), I've wanted to make my own wreath, so I saw this as my golden opportunity.  So today I went to Michael's of Annapolis which hosts a large selection of artificial fall foliage.  I chose the following to decorate my wreath:

$10 each for a total of $20
$2.00 each for a total of $4.00












First, I separated the branches of the leaves and then cut them along the indentations using wire cutters:
 
The indentation is to the right of my fingers
These are the wire cutters I used.




















I cut bunches of leaves about this size:
And stuck them into the wreath.  Then, I separated the berries by pulling out each wire separately, and stuck these into the wreath as well.  Finally, I used this wreath hanger from Michael's ($2.49) to hang it on my front door!

Here's the final product.  The angle isn't that great because of how our porch is (I couldn't get a straight on view of the entire wreath). 




No comments:

Post a Comment